[PD] 2nd instance of [pix_record] crashes

Spencer Russell spencer.f.russell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 07:37:36 CEST 2008

I've been having a heck of a time with pix_record. The attached patch
reliably causes a segfault if you record to one pix_record, stop the
recording, then record to the second one. I'm using Ubuntu Hardy with
pd-extended 0.40.3-1 packaged by Hans. My libquicktime version is
2:1.0.0+debian-5. and My Gem version is 0.91.1 'tigital'.

Running PD in gdb gives
[Switching to Thread 0xb7c8d6b0 (LWP 18093)]
0xb73c4096 in cmodel_default () from /usr/lib/libquicktime.so.1

But I don't have debugging symbols installed, and I've always had a
hard time using GDB with pd externals anyways, so I'm not sure how to
track it further.

I'm trying to get this live sampling video playback thing ready for a
play in the FringeNYC festival, and we're supposed to have a tech
rehearsal tomorrow, so if anyone can shine any light on making this
problem go away you will have my undying gratitude. (and maybe a comp
ticket if you're in NYC and extra helpful)

thanks!
-spencer