[PD] Is anyone using csoundapi~?

Julian Peterson julianpeterson at mac.com
Tue Aug 12 01:10:11 CEST 2008

I use it frequently.  Can't specifically answer the priorities
question, but my own experience is that it has never been an issue,
ie., it runs as well as PD does in general.

Csound can be launched as an independent process and then, using its
osc opcodes, can be communicated to in a similar way to the super
collider client/server model, although personally I have found no
advantage to approaching it this way.

On my own computer I have a custom build of csound compiled against pd
0.40.3.  I can't tell you what version the prepackaged csoundapi is
compiled against.  I've installed this version with various PDs on
different machines and have never come across an incompatibility, so I
personally wouldn't worry about it.

I don't believe that there is a better way to interact PD->Csound that
the api object.  Client/Server over OSC is more trouble than it is
worth.

JP