[PD] how to use [tcpserver] in a non-OSC context?

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Aug 14 09:10:44 CEST 2008

moin Martin,

On 2008-08-14 00:51:53, Martin Peach <martin.peach at sympatico.ca> appears
to have written:
> Bryan Jurish wrote:
>>> but
>>> I can't tell right now because they don't seem to be in my Pd
>>> 0.40.3-extended-20080719, or I'm not looking in the right place.
>> looking at the debian-stable and debian-testing debs  from 2008-07-19,
>> they ought to live in /usr/lib/pd/extra/moocow/any2string.pd_linux rsp.
>> /usr/lib/pd/extra/moocow/any2string.pd_linux.  the only pd-extended
>> system on which my externals still don't build in windoof/mingw32,
>> because that box is still using a broken version of make.  what system
>> are you using, Martin?
>
> Yes I was using WinXP. I also have an Ubuntu machine which does have the
> moocow objects.
> I wonder what it is about those objects that makes them difficult to
> compile on Windows...I just looked through any2string.c and it looks
> like an ordinary source file for a pd external, except for the debug
> macro A2SDEBUG and the PACKAGE_VERSION, which should probably be defined
> in a header file, not the makefile.

afaik, there's no reason the objects shouldn't compile; the problem is
that my pd-extended build rules use GNU make macros, and the make on the
PdLab winxp build machine is "broken" (v3.79), meaning it doesn't handle
macros propertly.  i'm also unsure whether "configure" & co will work on
mingw32, but that I can test (later... currently on baby duty)...

marmosets,
	Bryan

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology