[PD] pd and IFS

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Fri Aug 15 00:43:16 CEST 2008

chi ball wrote:
> Hi,
> is there a patch using Iterated Function Systems (IFS) ?

You want to implement an IFS in Pd?

I think that's a bad idea (unless you want it to be very slow, passing
messages between different objects is not something you want to do
100000+ times per frame).

Having said that, I did try it, but didn't have much luck: I did
something like:

[gemhead]
[t a a a]
[GEMglEnd] [repeat 10000] [GEMglBegin]\[glDefine GL_POINTS]
            [GEMglVertex3f]

but I got GL errors and no image, can't remember the exact message now
though.

On the other hand, you can do some fun things with texture feedback
quite efficiently:

http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org/files/video/puzzle.ogg

Claude