[PD] s-abstractions get changed when used

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 12:43:43 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 11:13 +0800, Chris McCormick wrote:

> > On Aug 9, 2008, at 4:17 AM, Chris McCormick wrote:
> > >When I follow your instructions I don't get the discard changes
> > >dialog.
> > >Seems to work fine for me. I wonder if there is an older, crappier
> > >version of it in pd-extended?  I'll try to get the version in
> > >pd-extended updated some time soon.
>
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 04:56:59PM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> > I am cc'ing the list, since this is probably of general interest.
> >
> > This might be related to the dirty flag being set when an IEMGUI's
> > properties are changed.  It was changed it so that when the
> > properties of an IEMGUI was changed, the dirty flag was set.  I
> > suppose there should be differentiation between it happening with
> > messages and it happening when the user makes the change in the
> > Properties panel.
>
> That can't be it because [s-arranger] doesn't have any IEMGUIs that hold
> state. There are two possibilities:
>
> 1. Some older bugger version of s-arranger is in pd-extended because I
> haven't checked my changes into the official repository for ages.
> Because of the way that s-arranger is patched, I find this less likely
> than:
>
> 2. There is a bug in pd-extended.
>
> Chris.

I think its the donecanvasdialog message.  If you dont send that message
to resize the gop, then the patch closes properly.  So the act of
resizing the gop sets the dirty bit ... which makes sense of course
except when you're creating guis dynamically within objects.  Was this
updated in 0.40.3 because I only noticed this occurring recently.

I checked s-arranger, if you open it up and remove the control line to
the 2 resize messages in [pd setup] it works properly.

---
Dan Wilcox
robotcowboy.com