[PD] Firmata polling routines

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 18:17:16 CEST 2008

Adityo Pratomo wrote:
> Hi there everyone. Can anybody explain to me how the polling routine
> on firmata works when handling multiple sensors input? I'm trying to
> found out myself, but i still couldn't get it. Or is it actually not a
> polling at all?

I think arduino sends automatically, so no polling. whatever inputs are
enabled/turned on, will automatically get sent by the firmata protocoll.
I guess the rate is 50 times per seconds/every 20ms.
and afaik the digital ins run in a separate loop that fire a message
whenever there is a change.

marius.