[PD] 'pure' pd DSP abstractions wanted!

Anton Hörnquist anton.hornquist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 19:12:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I'm looking self-contained DSP abstractions that only use Pd - no
> externals. Things like reverbs, different types of filters, delays, a
> pitch shifter, harmonizer -- a kind of basic 'FX' toolbox.

The jon~ reverb abstraction I posted to the list does not require any externals:

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2008-05/061959.html

http://www.hornquist.se/pd/jon

> Thoughts I've had so far:
>
> - Pull stuff out of the Pd help patches

I like rev1~, rev2~, rev3~ from pd vanilla. the H15.phaser.pd patch is
also quite nice.. There are lots of stuff in there.

> But, maybe someone has a nice 'set' of such abstractions sitting on
> their hard drive, that they wouldn't mind releasing into the public
> domain -- or under some permissive license.

In my view jon~ is open source so feel free to use it in any way. I'm
not sure how to... well.. document this. What's the best and simplest
way? Should I write something about it in the help patch? What license
should I use - GPL? Any hints about this are appreciated. :)

/Anton