[PD] Disabling a [gemhead] by default (Re: Writing texture to different sides of cube in GEM)

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Mon Aug 25 15:09:14 CEST 2008

The attached example works great.

Going slightly off topic, if I am not mistaken, the rectangle on the top
of the cube is rendered twice as seen in some other cases I've seen in
patches using the "dual gemhead" technique.
Disabling the [gemhead] by sending it a 0 seems to avoid this.

Since this seems to be a common usage, is there a way to have a gemhead
already turned off on creation? (put it in a state as if it had a "0"
sent to its inlet)
If not done yet, are there any plans to implement arguments that will do
this? I thought of -1 for a second but according to the help file,
[gemhead] seems to accept negative numbers so I guess it is not an option..

--
David Shimamoto