[PD] 'pure' pd DSP abstractions wanted!

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 12:00:11 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 13:47 -0400, patrick wrote:

> jamie, what do you mean by "providing a reference to purepd
> implementations, rather than holding them in their repository". we use
> goto10 svn server, this way we don't need a pd-dev account to maintain
> pdmtl.

I guess (maybe) what i'm talking about isn't possible with svn alone. I
think that using svn as 'user' tool for organising patches for download
is a bit clumsy. What I would like to see is some kind of
database-driven solution where patches can be tagged etc. That way you
could maintain a netpd tag, which included patches that you don't
necessarily maintain in your repository. Likewise you could have patches
that you do maintain in your repository tagged purepd.

I would be very happy to set something like this up. I was a big fan of
the pdb that (Iohannes?) set up, and it woudl be great to do a pdb 2.0,
with more of a web 2.0 flavour.

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk