[PD] flext/externals docs, svn + some new stuff!

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 28 03:11:12 CEST 2008

Quoting Thomas Grill <gr at grrrr.org>:

> In principle i could transfer the old cvs sync scripts to my new server.
> On the other i think you'll agree that it doesn't make much sense when
> there's both an updated cvs and an outdated svn externals/grill folder.

totally.

> Currently it's more consistent (both are outdated) since all new stuff

well,but if consisteny between the 2 revision control systems (that
is: the SVN and a (frozen) CVS) would have been the main target of the
switch, this would have effectively killed any new development.
this is a kind of stability i never really bothered with.

> happens on https://svn.grrrr.org.

yes, we should find an upgrade procedure for such cases.
once again, lacy consensus proves to be not the most effective means....

fgamsdr
IOhannes