[PD] 'pure' pd DSP abstractions wanted!

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 28 12:52:08 CEST 2008

Enrique Erne wrote:
>> just out of curiosity: >~.pd, <~.pd, sgn~ and what else in zexy are
>> already pd-vanilla abstractions (some of them are both abstractions
>> and externals for performance reasons); is there an advantage in
>> collecting these things in yet another arbitrary (as opposed to
>> grouped by functionality) library?
>
> where are any abstractions/externals "grouped by functionality"?
> do you mean pdmtl?

i didn't mean any special library; it was rather a comment on the
absence of "grouped by functionality" libs.

> just to be clear: the files netpd.org/eni/purepd/ are not collected as
> library, they are just there since i have no other place to put them and
> it could be useful for purepd reasons.

i did not want to offend you for pointing to your files.

the thing i was asking about was, whether these objects should be added
to another arbitrary library in svn (a request for which i paranoidedly
sensed), without any benefit.

> the svn purepd patches contain some abstractions that confuse me a bit.
> actually i would like to contribute to purepd. (i.e. why is there moses
> and clip?)

well, it proves hat you don't need an external to use them :-)
i guess it is rather didactic, but i don't see any harm in having them
there.

fgmadsr
IOhannes