[PD] 'pure' pd DSP abstractions wanted!

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 12:54:10 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 04:09 +0200, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:
> Quoting hard off <hard.off at gmail.com>:
>
> > jamie,   my diy collection has no licence, no need for credit., etc..  i'm
> > more than happy for you to do whatever and use it.
> >

> each and every piece of software has a licence.
> just because you haven't manually assigned a license, doesn't mean
> that you have chosen the "no licence" option.
<snip>

That's true, content defaults to 'all rights reserved' by the copyright
holder -- the content author unless a license is supplied explicitly .
However, by emailing me and writing "jamie,   my diy collection has no
licence, no need for credit., etc..  i'm more than happy for you to do
whatever and use it." hard off is effectively supplying a license to me
to use the software to do whatever I like.

That said, I think it would be great if the collection had a license.txt
with a similar sentence inside it so that the Public Domain intentions
of the author are clear to everyone.

best,

Jamie

--