[PD] how to locate soundfiles in the "read" object under OS X

Lao Yu noise.now at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 07:10:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

this is a total beginner's question. In the example patches in a few
instances soundfiles are read to tables with a "read" object. the
arborescence in those examples looks like this "read ../" where after
the slash appears the folder "sound" which is inside the application
package. I conclude that the abbreviation ".." moves up one level in
the arborescence relative to the location from where the current
patch is located.
I can't figure out how to open soundfiles which are on an external
device. All my attempts resulted in a pd error message "no such file
or directory". I'd very much appreciate a hint or a link.

Best
Jurgen