[PD] Newbie-ish Math Question

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 00:47:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

To truncate, simply use [int].  To round, add 0.5 to all the values
before you truncate.  If you need something statistically less biased
(the above method of rounding will round everything with a fractional
value of exactly 0.5 up to the nearest integer, which could cause some
positive drift in certain circumstances) -- you can use [expr
rint($f1)], which I think will round fractional values of 0.5 to the
nearest even integer (5.5 -> 6;  -122.5 -> -122, e.g.).

Thanks,

Matt