[PD] looking for open dmx external

David Kirkpatrick djk_1200 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 6 15:51:29 CEST 2008

Hi Peter,

The Open DMX has stability problems and the fading is jolty sometimes. Something to do with not being able to store an entire DMX frame at the same time I think. I read an article a while ago that explained the exact differences, but I can't seem to find it again.

I have had no issues with the Pro at all. So definitely go with the Pro if you can. It isn't that much more expensive anyway, and it just doesn't break.

David Kirkpatrick

* David Kirkpatrick <djk_1200 at hotmail.com> [2008-10-04 13:24]:> Sadly I don't have a linux version of Adrian's [dmxsend] object. He made it specifically for a Windows based theatre work I was doing. [dmxsend] is also designed to work with the Enttec DMX USB Pro, not the Enttec Open DMX. The two devices work quite differently. David, do you know in what respect they differ? Which one is better? Peter