[PD] pd in 64 bit machine

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 21 18:48:58 CEST 2008

Ricardo Dueñas Parada wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I recently got a new 64 bit machine and I want to know if there are
> real advantages by installing a 64 bit OS.
>
> All I want to do in that machine is to work with Ardour, pd, and maybe a
> copule
> effect-boxes for live signal processing and recording.
>
> I didn´t see 64 bits packages on puredata.info, why is that?

as has been discussed in the archives:
- there are 64bit packages of Pd-vanilla available on plain Debian (and
probably other distros) - why not use them?
- Pd has not been 64bit-able before 0.41; since Pd-extended only just
reached 0.40, there have been no 64bit builds made available
- now that the next Pd-extended release includes a Pd that can handle
64bit, there is still no autobuild machine available; you can help by
sponsoring (or setting up your machine to do autobuilds)

fgamsdr
IOhannes