[PD] glitches when moving between sub patches

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Thu Oct 30 17:35:36 CET 2008

Hi Conor,

a few things:

1) I would check every single setting in Qjackctl against the ones you
use in the command line, maybe there's some difference.
2) I would doublecheck how Qjackctl is called (i.e. do you start from
commandline or menu bar, and if menu bar then how is it actually being
called?)
3) Once jackd has been started you can start Qjackctl and use it to
manage connections. It will recognize that the jack engine is already
started.
4) Yes, you could sudo qjackctl. You could also make one bash script
that starts everything, and sudo that.

best!
Derek

forwind wrote:
> Hi Derek,
>
>> Did you try running as sudo or root?
>
> Of course! Just tried this and yes no clicks!!!
>
> Before I was using qjack ctrl to control jackd. What is strange is that
> when I run jackd from command line without sudo privileges there are no
> clicks either !?
>
> So following from that discovery it seems sudo privileges are not
> necessary to avoid the clicks but avoid the use of or running of
> qjackctrl under normal privileges to run the jack daemon. I wonder why
> this is ?
>
> odd - maintaining jack connections between apps will be a headache
> without the GUI. I suppose I could also start the qjackctrl from command
> line with sudo privileges ...
>
> thanks Derek,
> Conor

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista
---Oblique Strategy # 48:
"Discover your formulas and abandon them"