[PD] still not understanding "local" sssad in abstractions using variables

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Dec 8 01:14:14 CET 2008

Hallo,
Joe Newlin hat gesagt: // Joe Newlin wrote:

> This still isn't working for me. I bang the File to set the textfile to a
> new file in the same directory as the MAIN patch. But when I bang Save I get
> this in the pd window:
>
> error: D:/+Audio_Sync/pd/sssad-ex-2/tester.txt: write failed

Can you use the "print" message in sssad-loader to see, if something is
in the [textfile]? [textfile] won't save empty files, so you maybe have
to change some numberboxes first.

> The only modification I made to your patches is changing [sssad number $0]
> to [sssad/sssad number $0] & respectively with number2.

As long as your sssad/sssad.pd supports local saving (i.e. is new
enough) this should work as well. (I'm not such a big fan of using a
prefix for a single-object library but that's another story. [import
sssad] or so on pd-extended should work as well.)

Ciao
--
Frank