[PD] Pdpedia spam

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Dec 19 05:30:16 CET 2008

If you switch to forcing users to register in order to edit, then you
get spam bots creating user accounts, which are harder to delete.  So
far, it does not take much work to delete the spam using the
mediawiki admin tools ("delete", "protect", "watch", etc.)  I am
pretty sure that is how it is done on wikipedia.

.hc