[PD] aka.wiiremote object for os x

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jan 17 15:17:16 CET 2009

Florian Krebs wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
>
>> ah i think you are experiencing the joys of pd-extended.
>> the solution is simple: just checkout the entire "externals" branch and
>> redo what you have done.
>
> You are right I do use Pd version 0.40.3-extended...

that's not what i meant.
i was referring to Pd-extended's build system (rather than the
binaries), which sometimes makes it awkward to compile an external.

> What do you mean with "checkout the eternals branch" ? I renamed the directory "Contents/Resources/extra" to "extra_temp", but nothing changed.

i assume you got the aka.wiiremote sources via svn from
https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/io/aka.wiiremote

by "checkout the entire 'externals' branch" i meant, you should checkout
the entire "externals" directory:
$ svn co
https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/

then repeat the steps (aka.wiiremote has no real makefile, instead it's
make instructions are within
https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/Makefile)

fgamdr
IOhannes

>> there are certainly simpler ways, e.g. copy an existing Makefile for
>> multi-source libraries (e.g. one of tm's iemlib libraries) and adapt it
>> to your needs.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know so much about Makefiles.
> But shouldn't this basically work with :
>
> akawiiremote.pd_darwin: aka.wiiremote.c wiiremote.c wiiremote.h
>     gcc -o akawiiremote.pd_darwin aka.wiiremote.c wiiremote.c wiiremote.h

no; you are still producing an executable rather than a library.
try to compile another external (that works) and see which exact
compiler/linker commands are called.

fgamfrt
IOhannes