[PD] Pd-extended and command line parameters

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 01:08:02 CET 2009

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> e deleflie wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I cant get the command line parameters to work on Pd-extended. (OSX)
>
> use Pd-0.42
>
> afaik, cmdline args for all flavours of Pd on OSX prior to 0.42 and
> after 0.38 (or so) did not work, due to the way, things get called (on
> OS-X Pd will start the gui which in turn starts the dsp (which eats the
> cmdline args); prior to 0.42 the cmdline args got lost somewhere.
>

>> Is there a secret to get command line params to work with Pd-extended?
>
> no secret involved. but since Pd-extended has not yet reached 0.42, it
> won't work out of the box yet.

I haven't got OSX here at the moment so I can't check, but IIRC it is a
bit confusing which binary to use in the bundle, and if you use the
appropriate one you can use command line args - for example this script
works for Pd-0.40 extended on OSX 10.4

/Applications/Pd.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pd -nogui
/Library/Pd/slave.pd; exit

Simon