[PD] problem with plugin~ and dssi~

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 19:18:18 CET 2009

Hmm, I'm using the most recent version of pd [built from source] and
the most recent version of dssi~ [built from the svn of pd-externals].

I have:
DSSI_PATH=/usr/lib/dssi/:/usr/local/lib/dssi/

and have a few dssi plugins in /usr/lib/dssi/ :
hexter     hexter.so           less_trivial_synth.so  ll-scope.so
nekobee.la  trivial_sampler     trivial_synth.so  xsynth-dssi.la
hexter.la  less_trivial_synth  ll-scope               nekobee
nekobee.so  trivial_sampler.so  xsynth-dssi       xsynth-dssi.so

When I do [dssi~ less_trivial_synth] nothing is loaded.
when I do [dssi~
/usr/lib/dssi/less_trivial_synth.so:less_trivial_synth] pd pauses and
then crashes with a segfault...  This happens when loading ANY of
these dssi plugins (I've tried hexter, nekobee, ll-scope,
trivial_synth, less_trivial_synth, trivial_sampler)

I am able to do [dssi~ gverb].. so it seems that ladspa is fine.

It seems that, at least with my version,  dssi~ doesn't like dssi plugins..

Any ideas what I should try next?

Thanks,
Alex