[PD] Windows builds + documentation

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Feb 21 06:45:47 CET 2009

Hey,

I am happy to try to help you thru the troubles you run into so that
we can get you building.  My only request is that we do it on the pd-
list so that it is archived and others and join in if they want to.

It seems to me that your /usr/local/ might not be setup right.  In
MSYS, run the command "mount" and send the output to this thread.

.hc

On Feb 20, 2009, at 11:22 AM, João Pais wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> sorry, but just don't bother about this anymore - obviously (at
> least for me) compilation didn't work out, after ~1h with cpu at
> 100% the result is:
>
> checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details.
> make: *** [config.status] Error 1
> /usr/local/bin/lua51.dll exists, skipping...
>
> I don't want to (and I shouldn't have to) bother you every couple of
> hours whining because something isn't working. I'm not a programmer,
> and when someone tells me to follow some tutorial, I kind of hope
> that the tutorial works, and if it doesn't I really don't have the
> knowledge to make it work, and slowly I loose my pacience for these
> things as well. I also really don't have the time to mess around
> looking to solve errors instead of doing my own work.
>
> So I'll just work with the pd-ext I have, and if necessary I'll
> switch momentarilly to vanilla until both catch up.
>
> Thanks anyway,
>
> João
>

>> You should be able to update that page if you log in.  Its HTML
>> rather than wiki.  As for the asiosdk2.1 folder, that comes from
>> the asio thing you get from Steinberg.  You have to go thru their
>> webforms and you'll get a link via email.
>>
>> As for /usr/local/include, you'll only see /usr/local when you are
>> in the msys shell, its specific to msys.   These are the steps to
>> create it (from the mingw page):
>>
>> Once you are in the MSYS shell, you need to make /usr/local:
>>
>> mkdir /usr/local
>>
>> Now edit C:\msys\1.0\etc\fstab, or from within the MSYS shell, /etc/
>> fstab. In that file, make sure you have these two lines (case is
>> important!):
>>
>> c:/MinGW /mingw
>> c:/MinGW /usr/local
>>
>> .hc

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson