[PD] SQLite3DBv0.03

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 18:42:24 CET 2009

Frank,

Thank you very much for the Linux Makefile. While I don't have access
to a machine right at the moment, from reading this, it appears that
this is set up to link to an SQLite3 LIBRARY file, right? If that is
the case, the way that I am doing this on the Mac is to compile the
object code of the compiled SQLite code, I am not linking to a library
object.

I pretty much do that because the Mac uses SQLite for a LOT of system
things, and I have heard that there can be some issues with updating
the Library object for SQLite on your system, and then the Mac does
one of it "auto updates", finds that the SQLite object file is
DIFFERENT than the one currently installed, and then will overwrite
the NEWER version you just compiled, with the older library object.

I don't know if this is a similar situation on Linux. At the same
time, is it really necessary to have all the platforms do the same
thing? I don't know how something like this might be handled in the
Night Build system.

Thanks again, I will probably have to wait a day or two before I might
be able to try this myself.

Mike

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> Hallo,
> Mike McGonagle hat gesagt: // Mike McGonagle wrote:
>
>> Also, the 'makefile' only contains a process for making a 'pd_darwin'
>> external for the Mac. It should not be difficult to compile for Unix
>> or Windows, as it is Ansi-C. Everything should work with Vanilla Pd as
>> well.
>
> Attached is a quickie makefile to compile a pd_linux. Use "make
> pd_linux".
>
> Ciao
> --
>  Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__

W. C. Fields  - "I never drink water because of the disgusting things
that fish do in it."