[PD] httpget: fun with tcpclient and pdstring

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Mar 5 17:14:51 CET 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> It seems that we should have a string.h for tables then.  That would be a
> good starting point, just make a library that is just Pd interpretations of
> all the string.h strcpy, etc. functions, but have them operate on arrays and
> maybe lists of floats too.

I very much recommend making a library that can handle both at an expense
that is as close as possible to making a library for just one of them.

But I believe that those list abstractions should be made for lists, and
not for anythings, which is a dangerous precedent set by [list], because
for example it prevents introducing a message "array $1" where $1 would be
a send-symbol for an array. (Or it could be called [table]. why are there
two names for that concept in pd anyway?)

> There could also be a totally Pd-ish string library too.

No idea what that means in your head, sorry... :/