[PD] documentation sprint WAS: Call for GSoC mentors! March 9th deadline!

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Mar 9 18:25:36 CET 2009

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> For example, at last convention, all the artist-talks of the exhibition where
> scheduled at the same time as the sprint, and all of DorkBot-Montréal was
> scheduled at the same time as the sprint as well. I'm pretty sure I recall
> that an extra roundtable was improvised at the same time as the sprint too,
> which was also at the same time as the artist talks. It doesn't stop there:
> in the morning, there was an outage of the Angrignon line because of a crack
> in boulevard de Maisonneuve, so all papers of the morning had to be postponed
> by over 30 minutes and then you have to account for the time it takes to walk
> to SAT, so, in practice, my last paper overlapped with three other things. To
> top it off, I discovered that there was an extra pd performance (by Sylvie
> Chénard) that was completely outside of the convention, and to walk there in
> time I had to leave before the scheduled end of the sprint.

I forgot: the vernissage of pd works at PFOAC was also running from 14:30
to 17:00, thus overlapping both the artist talks and all of dorkbot, and
thus the sprint overlapped it completely, and again it took some walking
to get there and back.

I went to several conferences in which almost any talk was scheduled at
the same time as several others, but it's not the same: in those events, i
never really felt the need to be attending several different things at
once.