[PD] default [output~] in Pd-extended

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Mar 10 18:11:39 CET 2009

On Mar 9, 2009, at 10:45 PM, hard off wrote:

> a very simple solution would be to use a subpatch instead of an
> abstraction in the help files.
>

> [pd output~]

Yeah, some of them have a subpatch.

> this would also remedy the problem reported more often:  "why
> doesn't the output~ object work when i copy the help files to my
> desktop?"

Having a abstraction in  "extra" would also solve this problem.  I
think that we can make [ezdac~] better by adding the db numbox and
mute function from Miller's [output~], and the green/white toggle from
[pddp/dsp].

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs