[PD] change samplerate locally

hard off hard.off at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:33:50 CET 2009

hi martin, thanks for taking the time to reply.

i can set pd to whatever samplerate i want in media->audio settings.  i just
checked again going through a whole bunch of values between 22050 and 44100
and they all work.

my problem is that the samplerate is global, and i need it only to be
local.  i think the 'solution' i suggested in my 2nd post is going to be the
way to do it, but i just don't know how to do that.

[*~ 2048]

> [expr~ $v1%2048]
> |
> [/~ 2048]

thanks.  that's what i had done originally, but i couldn't hear any effect.
i guess if i really want 12-bit sound in pd, i'd have to use that construct
after each and every calculation in the signal chain. seems a fair bit of
overkill just to make the sound WORSE though!