[PD] www.pd-tutorial.com

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 22:03:12 CET 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:12:21 +0100
Johannes Kreidler <jkreidler at gmx.de> wrote:

> hi list,
>
> I am pleased to announce that the big pd tutorial I wrote in the last
> years with the help of a grant by the Music University of Freiburg /
> Germany, is now online, in english and in german.

Congrats on finishing it Johannes.
This looks very nice. Some people ask if my book
focuses on sound design, and Millers book focuses on
DSP theory, why is there not a book dedicated to
composition in Pd? Well now there is. (and Todd Winkler
"Composing Interactive Music" but that is quite
a 'conceptual' level and uses the non-free Max)

> At the moment, Amazon says that it's not available, which is strange
> because it's definitely released, but at least it can be purchased at
> the Publishing House itself.

I had the opposite problem, Amazon were listing mine as available
and taking orders AFAIK, but it isn't actually available there
(because it would cost too much).

With so many good things happening on the docs front nobody
can say Max has better documentation any longer, Pd has a
great choice covering a range of applications and abilities.

--
Use the source