[PD] Unified Library was Re: Call for GSoC mentors! March 9th deadline!

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 11:14:48 CET 2009

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 03:49:11 -0500
Luke Iannini <lukexipd at gmail.com> wrote:

> "-" for hierarchies, as Miller and Frank and many others seem to do
> (e.g. $0-foobar-baz, and as part of pd itself: [s pd-mysubpatch])
> "_" as "space", e.g. [receive a_certain_frob]

How do "we" feel about the use of actual whitespace, particularly
in inlet and outlet boxes. I generally use - and _ as hierarchy
and spacing delimiters as per convention, but when it comes to inlets
and outlets I often say [outlet patch params] or something, thinking
everything but 'patch' will be ignored.

Anyone else suspect this is storing up trouble for the future?

a.

--
Use the source