[PD] Unified Library was Re: Call for GSoC mentors! March 9th deadline!

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Mar 17 11:34:05 CET 2009

Hallo,
Andy Farnell hat gesagt: // Andy Farnell wrote:

> How do "we" feel about the use of actual whitespace, particularly
> in inlet and outlet boxes. I generally use - and _ as hierarchy
> and spacing delimiters as per convention, but when it comes to inlets
> and outlets I often say [outlet patch params] or something, thinking
> everything but 'patch' will be ignored.
>
> Anyone else suspect this is storing up trouble for the future?

With xlets, there still is the undecided question if the first argument should
serve a different purpose than tooltips. It could be used to specify the order
explicitly or to do reblocking etc. So even the use of inlet arguments to
specify tooltips is unofficial.

It's probably to late already, but grabbing more arguments is a bit dangerous
IMO (I don't even use  the first arg so far, but I'm always a bit
extracautious).

Ciao
--
Frank