[PD] pidip compilation problem

ydegoyon at gmail.com ydegoyon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 14:01:27 CET 2009

marc widmer wrote:
> hi list & yves
>
> i tested my old patches and everything looks ok, beside a warning in
> the shell, that base64 is missing, is this important?
> so far everything worked.
you need tcllib then,
it is used in pdp_colorgrid to load
a base64 encoded background image.
of course, if you don't use pdp_colorgrid,
no need for it.

> i changed c_track in the source, so that it checks not one point, but
> a matrix of points. at the moment all these points
> are with fixed offset between each other. from pd i just set the start
> coordinates. furthermore i do check not the color
> of one pixel, but of all surrounding points (9 in total) and calculate
> the average. i do this to avoid tracking flickering pixel
> noises which sometimes occur when i grap video from my surveillance
> color cams.

scary, the name at least.
> at the moment this is rather a hack of your source then a proper
> enhancement, but maybe, if you think this could be usefull,
> a module lik c_track_matrix could be a goal. where one can send a list
> with coordinates to track and the area space
> surrounding that point.
well, if you can send the modified version
and a proper help patch with it,
i could integrate it one day..

> i haven't checked the development of pidip since a while, maybe now
> there is already a better way to do this.

there's not so much development going on in pidip,
and even less in pdp.
it's almost the same version than in 2004.