[PD] GSoC Fwd: Thank you for your application

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Mar 19 19:34:17 CET 2009

They only give feedback in the #gsoc room the day of the rejection.  Or at
least that's how it worked last year.  That's all I got.

Be sure to thank Georg too, he was a major force in putting this thing
together, in case I forgot to mention that.  And really, thanks everyone
for contributing, it was nice to see so many people contribute.

.hc

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, dmotd wrote:

> ahh, too bad.. this is obviously a template rejection notice, do they usually
> follow up this initial rejection with which criteria the organisation missed
> and which parts of the application need to be better addressed?
>
> it may just be the luck of the draw, but we are losing out to projects like
> scummvm - a virtual machine for playing video games from 1987! not that i
> have a problem with maniac mansion as such, but somethings gotta give!
>
> anyhow, good work to those responsible for putting the application together, i
> am sure with a bit of feedback and a little work, we will be a contender for
> next year.
>
> cheers,
> dmotd
>
> On Thursday 19 March 2009 18:07:15 Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> Well, we didn't get accepted but now at least we do have a nice
>> collection of projects for people to take on.
>>
>> http://socghop.appspot.com/program/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2009
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>> From: socghop.noreply at gmail.com
>>> Date: March 18, 2009 9:49:10 PM GMT
>>> Subject: Thank you for your application
>>>
>>> Hi Hans-Christoph Steiner,
>>>
>>> Thank you for submitting "Pure Data (aka Pd)" organization
>>> application to Google Summer of Code 2009. Unfortunately, we were
>>> unable to accept your organization's application at this time. We
>>> received many more applications for the program than we are able to
>>> accommodate, and we would encourage you to reapply for future
>>> instances of the program.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Google Open Source Programs

>> -
>>
>> "[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
>> government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

 	zen
 	   \
 	    \