[PD] style guide idea: [send foo] versus [; foo(

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 21 23:42:45 CET 2009

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Martin Peach hat gesagt: // Martin Peach wrote:
>
>> It's a fun exercise for some kinds of mind to make all the non-vertical
>> lines either horizontal or 45 degrees, as in the attached screen grab.
>
> Ha, yeah, that's really cute!
>
> Unfortunatly I clashes with another personal preference I have: avoiding
> horizontal lines.

My personal preference says horizontal lines are all right as long as
the connections are unambiguous. If a line passes across several outlets
on the way to somewhere it's only acceptable when all the outlets are
connected to the same inlet, so a bunch of messages to the same inlet
could all be aligned on the same horizontal or diagonal line, but not
vertical because then the message inlets would appear to be connected
when they're not.

Martin