[PD] variance from mapping library

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Mar 23 22:36:55 CET 2009

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> Here is another patch. I call it [mapping/variance2]. It computes a moving
> variance using exactly the $1 last values and not any more than that. It has
> more rounding error, but it doesn't have any unwanted delay between the two
> moving averages used in computing variance.

Well actually, my [mapping/variance2] also doesn't have the same drift
characteristics (nor other error characteristics) as [mapping/variance],
so, my examples about [mapping/variance] don't drift when remade with
[mapping/variance2], but some other examples (that I didn't show) are
worse with [mapping/variance2].