[PD] Faust and PD

Geoff geoffspuredata at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 24 19:35:38 CET 2009

Hi
I have been going through the examples in the faust library and it
seems nice and straight forward :)

The only part that confuses me at the moment is how to use the
compiled objects in PD and wether the PD objects faust creates are
only usable in linux.

I am using PD extended on an intel mac osx10.4.

For example when I compile the band pass filter example found here :
http://faust.grame.fr/catalog.php

I end up with 7 files
bandfilter.pd
bandfilter~.pd_linux
faust-control.pd
faust.gate.pd
faust-r.pd
faust-s.pd
faust-timer.pd

I have put them in a place where the Path of PD searches and all the
objects work except the main one.
bandfilter~.pd_linux

Am I correct in assuming that although Faust to PD works it only
works for LINUX users and that it can't be used by me in OSX?

Cheers
Geoff

www.kgw.tu-berlin.de/~lac2007/papers/lac07_graef.pdf