[PD] words for style guide: rewind and reset

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Mar 27 01:02:15 CET 2009

Hallo,

>> "reset" should not be confused with "clear"...
>
> Hmm, what's the difference?  I think I remember seeing [clear( and
> thinking that it should ahve been [reset(.

"clear" is used in [pipe]. I guess "clear" is used here because there are two
ways to "reset" a [pipe]: One is a reset with outputting all scheduled delays,
the other is a "mute" resetting with discarding scheduled delays. The former is
called "flush" with [pipe], the latter is called "clear".

With [delay] the "reset" method is called "stop" which sounds natural to me.

Ciao
--
Frank