[PD] rjdj, was : Re: [equalizer] / [lowshelf] / [highshelf] in purepd!

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Mar 29 17:41:05 CEST 2009

volker böhm wrote:
> for some reason my mails to the list take ages until they arrive, which
> makes a discussion a little difficult...

hmm, please bear in mind that "email" is an asynchronous medium.
this medium was designed to make discussions with people who might be
online only a few times a week.
and i don't have the feeling that your mails takes "ages" (at least in
this thread you have been able to reply indirectly to yourself within 3
hours)

if you feel that an asynchronous medium is not the right choice to lead
a discussion, why not try IRC?

> ok, something weird going on here. abs~ is not doing what i would think
> it should be doing - calculating the absolute value of the incoming
> signal. instead it simply seems to pass input to output (no errors in pd
> window).

yes, this is a known bug of [abs~] in Pd-0.42.
see frank's other mails.

mfdsr
IOhannes