[PD] Pdpedia and random generation

olsen wolf sesselastronaut at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:27:11 CEST 2009

the server space & the maintenance is currently done by claudio the
sys-admin at the school here in zürich where the wiki is hostet atm.
so far he's been trying to maintain it as much as possible - sometimes
certain request take more time - queuing up on other things that need
to be done. but so far ev'rything should be on the line. recently
php-admin was installed for user management & should be up &
functional. the spam issue we've discussed on the list & i got the
consensus to clean up the mess by hand.
So if there's any lack regarding the hosting or enhancements please
let me know & i'll forward it.
olsen

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM, marius schebella
<marius.schebella at gmail.com> wrote:
> the "someone" would be in charge of the server space and the
> maintainance of the mediawiki (accounts, updates, spam, search
> functionality, synchronization with other documentations). this could
> also be done by several people, but usually the responsibility is with
> one person. all the rest can easily be done by a group of admins or
> even be totally open to the public.
>
> I guess the work that is missing at the moment is not so much about
> writing all the articles.
> marius.
>
> 2009/3/31 Alexandre Porres <porres at gmail.com>:
>> Hi, welll, so "someone" needs to take over?
>> I would definately be interested on this. I do, nevertheless, feel I bit
>> clueless as I dont know the way to the source of all objects. And cant
>> really be an expert on things other than audio/music.
>> I also consider rather unfair to be the work of only one ho has taken over.
>> I do believe in forming a team, things like that.
>> Anyway, with the convention this year and all, I hope to bring this issue
>> into round tables and discussions, make some noise on the list to see if a
>> small group would move a bit their asses to launch this out.
>> I could kinda take it over this way. I could definately make the commitment.
>> But I cant be the one and only. I am not even a Native Speaker/Writer of
>> English.
>> So please help me out here, I also need a partner to guide me and help me
>> not getting so bit clueless.
>> Cheers
>> Alex

Planet Pluto bleibt!