[PD] Pd suddenly crashing

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 6 11:33:27 CEST 2009

David F. Place wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have been using Pd quite happily under linux.  Suddenly it will not
> start at all.  This is the error message I get:

what do you mean by "all of a sudden"?
after a Pd-upgrade? after a system-upgrade? after a hardware upgrade?
after playing around with some configurations?

>> [david at Congo pd]$ pd
>> pd: interval_inline.h:52: snd_interval_single: Assertion `!snd_interval_empty(i)' failed.
>> Pd: signal 6
>> [david at Congo pd]$ pd_gui: pd process exited

http://www.google.com/search?q=snd_interval_empty
gives me as first hit a hint that it might be related to alsa.
since the first hit i get is very old (2003), it might be a generic problem.
the hint given there is to check your samplerate (whether your soundcard
actually supports the requested samplerate)

fgmasdr
IOhannes