[PD] sourceforge bug tracking and Vanilla PD

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:27:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've just experimented a bug about the [keyup] object not working
correctly under Windows, in PD Vanilla 0.42-4

So I've gone to the Bug Tracker and done a search.
Guess what? Not only have I found that I already reported this bug
myself almost 2 years ago (1728414), but that THE BUG REPORT IS CLOSED
and the last comment posted by the bugfix asignee says:

"""
This is fixed by patch #1704511 and included in branches/pd-extended/0.40
"""

I think something's gone wrong, as the bug in Pd Vanilla 0.42-4 is still
there.

Is it correct to CLOSE a bug report before the fix reaches PD Vanilla?
(we're talking about a basic object included in the vanilla distribution)
Is it tracked somewhere else (in the patchtracker for example) so that
one day, according to priorities, the fix will be included in PD
Vanilla? Or does the fact that the bug ticket is closed mean that it
won't probably ever get through to PD Vanilla?

Because in the latter case I think it was an error to set the bug report
as "CLOSED".

By the way the very same thing happens with bug #1728405 about [keyname]

Thanks
m.