[PD] supported formats of pix_image

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 6 23:15:07 CEST 2009

Derek Holzer wrote:
> Pd FLOSS assumes Pd Extended, so it's Quicktime on Windows and Mac.

no
afair, only on OSX, QuickTime is used for image reading.
on w32 you have libjpeg and libtiff support.
on linux you have ImageMagick.

the reason why quicktime is not (optionally) used on w32 is beyond my
knowledge; i guess it is just a matter of getting the preprocessor
defines right (from __APPLE__ to HAVE_QUICKTIME); most likely it is like
it is for legacy reasons.

> Linux is more complicated, based on the libs it's compiled against. I'll
> get Hans to send the compiler flags in a sec...

on linux we check for ImageMagick, and if this is not present libjpeg
and libtiff.
ImageMagick will open pretty much any image format.

fgamsdr
IOhannes