[PD] nightly Windows builds are back

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Apr 10 22:51:08 CEST 2009

Check out InnoSetup and see if you can figure out.  For now I tell
everyone to uninstall, then reinstall.  I don't really have the
Windows knowledge to test this stuff and make it work better.

.hc

On Apr 10, 2009, at 3:19 PM, João Pais wrote:

> great, finally!
>
> there are still some details, though: there are still files that
> need to be confirmed to overwrite, and shouldn't have to. these
> files are in the folders
> - /bin
> -/doc/ - adding to that, these files were installed as written-only.
> so the user has to keep the "yes" key pressed for 10m
> - /extra/ - the files were read-only, so they had to be changed
> before installing. but there was no overwrite confirmation here
>
> besides that, it seems to be working.
>

>> Finally, I got a replacement Windows server up again, and its
>> producing nightly builds!  This time I have a backup... plus its
>> real server hardware with lots of fans and a backup disk, never
>> mind that its from 2001 :D.  It's an upgrade from the old 700Mhz
>> box to a 733!! w00t!
>>
>> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/WindowsXPI386
>>
>> You can download the builds from the usual place:
>> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/
>>
>> And if you need access to build externals on the MinGW setup, send
>> an request email to pd-dev at iem.at with your ssh key.
>> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/PdLab
>>
>> .hc

>> "It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means
>> we don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
>> Environmentalism", by Curtis White

> --
> Friedenstr. 58
> 10249 Berlin (Deutschland)
> Tel +49 30 42020091 | Mob +49 162 6843570
> jmmmpais at googlemail.com | skype: jmmmpjmmmp

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson