[PD] Multiple audio devices limited to four devices?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Aug 11 19:27:50 CEST 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Miller Puckette wrote:

> hmm... "grep 4 *.c" didn't seem to help when I tried it.  Anyhow, I
> found two places that would have to change: in s_stuff.h:
> #define MAXAUDIOINDEV 4
> #define MAXAUDIOOUTDEV 4
> and in s_audio_oss.c:
> #define OSS_MAXDEV 4            /* maximum number of input or output devices */

It doesn't help because the way the max devices is hardcoded is using
copy-paste. You have to look for four times almost the same thing in a
row, but this is not something grep can do.

Once you have deleted enough lines in proc pdtk_audio_dialog, this proc
will support unlimited devices at once.

I mean "delete" by preserving existing functionality. It involves an
underrated device called a for-loop.