[PD] [PD-dev] pd-toolkit first Release

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Aug 19 18:25:17 CEST 2009

It would be a great thing to have in Pd-extended, but first it should
be stable, both in terms of not crashing, and in terms of the API not
changing. If you have to make incompatible changes to something like
iemguts or kbd_ctrl once its included in Pd-extended, then its a
really pain.  That's why my Pduino stuff still isn't included.

kbd_ctrl isn't the most memorable name, at least for my leaky mind.  I
am guessing kbd means keyboard?  Maybe key_ctrl?  Then it means both
keyboard and 'key' as in important, like: "the key object in my
editing toolkit is key_ctrl".

.hc

On Aug 19, 2009, at 12:01 PM, Georg Werner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for all that positive feedback ... i thought about a new name
> and i chose [kbd_ctrl]. ( http://www.fricklr.de/uploads/kbd_ctrl.pd )
> i still would like to know any idea for improvement or new
> functionality.
> @Hans-Christoph: maybe you could include it into pd-extended when
> iemguts is included? (cause i don't have svn access)
> cu
> Georg
>
> PS.: Be careful: i discovered that pd will crash sometimes (most of
> the times if you don't save a patch before closing) if you close a
> patch with [kbd_ctrl] inside. i think this is a bug in iemguts.
>

> dmotd schrieb:
>> hi georg, just checked this out proper and the shortcuts are
>> brilliant.. what's the scope on building upon this? i'd love to
>> share in the development if you think there are more areas that the
>> toolkit could cover using iemguts. i'm with hans on the namechange
>> tho, something like [uishrtcts] or [pdfaster]!
>> many thanks to iohannes and luke for their work on the iemguts
>> objects, great stuff! and georg your abstraction works a treat
>> (crazy mess!) but its a great usable example of the lib..
>> i'll be submitting my iemguts test case soon, but its great to see
>> the potential so well executed!
>> cheers,
>> dmotd
>> Georg Werner wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> with the new possibilities provided by iem_guts (thanks to
>>> IOhannes m  zmoelnig and Luke Iannini) its possible now to do
>>> patching with the help  of keyboard shortcuts. in the last couple
>>> days i made an abstraction for  alignment and connection of objects.
>>> there are so many features that i don't want to explain them here
>>> in  detail. (they are explained inside the abstraction)
>>> as an overview i did a screencast: http://www.fricklr.de
>>> there you can get the abstraction, too. (to get it to work you
>>> need  iem_guts - the sources are at  http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/iem/iemguts/)
>>> this is the first release so please give feedback and ideas to
>>> improve.
>>> cheers