[PD] .deb depends WAS: pd-flite text-to-speech offline ?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Aug 22 14:46:25 CEST 2009

Hallo,
> On Aug 21, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> I guess, then this "audio" meta package should depend on "pd", not on
>> "puredata", which could then be fullfilled with either "puredata" or
>> "pd-extended" (but currently not both ...)
>

> What's the 'audio' meta package?  In general, packages should depend on
> 'pd' unless they really need a specific version (vanilla, extended, DD,
> etc.).

I was referring to Tim's offlist mail that you quoted, and I got the name
wrong: It's called "ubuntustudio-audio". Tim's error was:

 ubuntustudio-audio depends on puredata

so he couldn't install pd-extended, which "only" provides "pd". I assume that
"ubuntustudio-audio" is a meta-package which in itself is empty, but it depends
on a lot of useful audio packages, so they can be install in one command. If
"upbuntustudio-audio" would depend on pd, not on puredata, than pd-extended and
puredata both could provide "pd" and make ubuntustudio-audio as happy as a dog
with two tails. :)

Ciao
--
Frank