[PD] Pd META: Author/Help Patch Authors

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Sep 2 19:55:06 CEST 2009

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> If we use commas as the delimiter for individual tags, then just removing the
> commas means you don't know if you have multi-word tags or just single word
> tags.  So if you have:
> 	tags - frequency modulation, synth
> and its parsed as:
> 	tags frequency modulation synth
> then key information is lost.

It's not just that... e.g. suppose you made an abstraction for looking up
all patches that contain certain keywords... any number of them at once.
How do you send a message to look for them? you'd need to put a comma
_inside_ a message...

(this is an example of what I was alluding to in my previous mail)