[PD] "computer music" WAS: Re: Pd at a livecoding event on the BBC

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Sep 4 18:44:01 CEST 2009

On Sep 4, 2009, at 12:09 PM, glerm soares wrote:

> 2009/9/4 glerm soares <organismo at gmail.com>
>

> I have yet to see any computer or electronic music show that can
> hold a candle to the feeling of being packed into a room of people
> dancing face-to-face with 9 musicians pouring their guts into
> completely physical instruments.
>

> we don't even need sound to prove it:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/purecanesugar/3824634806/sizes/l/
>
> cheers ;)
> glerm

That was fun, that was the samba night in the Pelorinho in Salvador
after the ISCL event.   So for me the question is, how do we get music
using computers to be more like that?

"Making boring techno music is really easy with modern tools," he
says, "but with live coding, boring techno is much harder." - Chris
McCormick