[PD] [pd REFERENCE] format [was: Re: Pd META: Author/Help Patch Authors]

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 20:26:42 CEST 2009

There isn't any explanation, so let's make one.  On pd-ext, have a
look at the help file for [float], there should be a pd META subpatch
there with all tags except the ones I proposed to add:
AUTHOR
HELP_PATCH_AUTHOR

Most tags are self-explanatory; the only one that isn't is GENRE.  I
think we should keep it and link it up with the work being done
on the "Properties" object-menu.  So any object can be part of several
GENREs.  So the question is, what are the possible categories for GENRE?

The other unresolved issue is whether there can be commas separating
the different keywords.  Since I'm not sure exactly how the META data
will be used, I guess we should keep it as simple as possible and
not have commas for now.

But then what to do about multiple help patch authors?

-Jonathan