[PD] Pd-GUI-Rewrite test builds

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 21:19:53 CEST 2009

Hans (and others),

Attached is teh GUI rewrite I did this summer which also ports existing
GUI into the tcl/tk 8.5 with following features:

1) code setup so that the 8.4 systems remain unaffected (this has not
been fully tested)
2) new linux theme built on clam theme (not sure if this is its right
name)
3) easy altering of the color scheme (see top of the script, currently
configured to use Ubuntu human)
4) all Pd widgets ported to 8.5
5) new color picker widget for Linux (as tcl/tk has only 8.4 version of
it so it makes it look ultra-ugly in comparison with others) with color
saving options
6) other widget/style clean-up to make it more consistent
7) pd opens in minimial form (console closed) for performance mode
8) added console clean button (when in expanded view)
9) bunch of error-checking and bug-fixes (e.g. windows closing when done
etc.)

Needless to mention this thing looks a lot nicer to my eyes than the old
version. Finally, my apologies for not forward you this sooner (blame it
on summer vacation and then beginning of a new semester if you like :-)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Assistant Co-Director, CCTAD
CHCI, CS, and Art (by courtesy)
Virginia Tech
Department of Music